Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Garden

I started a vegetable garden a few months ago. Scott built the garden box for me. I love it. I go out and take care of it everyday. Its doing really well so far. But I worry about the heat killing some of it. My dog got into my red onions twice!! I was so mad. But after being very punished he hasn't tried again. But I think he killed them cause they haven't grown at all. This is my biggest tomato plant. It was already a plant when I got it. It has 5 big tomatoes on it right now, they are still green but only a couple more weeks and they will be ready for eating.
This one is kind of my baby cause I grew it from seeds. I started it in a box in my kitchen window. I just barely noticed yesterday that it had tomatoes on it. It has 3 right here and 5 little tiny ones starting on the other side. I will be most proud of these tomatoes cause it has been a lot of work to keep this plant alive.

Ignore the tall grass around the planter. Scott hasn't been able to keep the grass mowed with how much he has been working lately. The only day he was off early he worked on the front yard. But here's the side view. The plant closest on the left is the one I have grown from seeds.
I have 3 tomato plants, 10 red onions, 12 white onions, 1 yellow summer squash, 2 watermelon plants and chives.

Here is my yellow squash. There are 2 squash on this plant. I just noticed these yesterday also. They are so cute!



Its not very big. But maybe eventually I can make it bigger, when I get really good at keeping everything alive and get some tasty vegetables and hopefully fruit from it.




2 comments:

laurice. said...

Great job. Sorry Derrick didn't come with me and we ended up coming back home...short and sweet. oh well.

you look great and I love the nursery!

Lyndsay said...

I was just telling Reece today that I wanted to plant some onions. Looks like you know what you are doing so I'll have to get the info from you!