Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby update

I went to the Doctor this morning for my first "progress check" I am not dilating yet but I am 50% effaced/thinned and the baby is at a -3 station. I am 35 almost 36 weeks and the baby is still measuring small , (measuring 34 weeks). The Dr. said she is not making any predictions of when baby will come yet. She said if I make any more progress by my next appointment then she will make her guess. She guessed size and when I will go into labor with my boys and she was always pretty much right on. I have never progressed this early with any of my other 3 kids. I also have never effaced with out dilating before either. I usually dilate and efface at an appointment and have my kids in a day or 2. So we will see how different this baby will be from the others. Yesterday I had a lot of contractions, They were coming anywhere from 7 to 15 min apart for a several hours. I am a little confused about how I can be effaced without dilating. So I'm just hoping for some more progress at my next appointment.

1 comment:

Meggie said...

Good luck!!!!! you and scott should get busy, you know to help things along!!!