Thursday, October 14, 2010

Makenzi Jet Rucker is here!!

Makenzi Jet Rucker is here. She came 11 days early just like her brother Simeon. She's 7lbs, 2oz. 20 in long. Born at 9:02 am Tuesday October 12Th. She is so beautiful with red hair and chubby cheeks. This picture shows her red hair best. She is only minutes old here.


I don't know how this got into the middle of the pictures. But we were on our way home.

Here is me and Makenzi right after they gave her to me after she was born. I was going to edit the picture of me and make me look better. But then I thought I worked hard for her to get here and this is what I really look like after Having a baby. No make up and all.
There will be plenty more pics to come. As I feel better and after she gets her first bath at home we will be taking lots of pictures.
Now for the story...... Monday night when we were going to bed i was getting some good contractions which is not abnormal at all for me. So I just ignored them and went to bed. They woke me about 12am but they did this a week ago. so istill ignored them and went to sleep. Then about 1245am they kicked it up a notch. So i thought alright ill get up and walk around for a bit. so i did for an hr and they were getting worse and were now 5-6 min apart so i woke Scott and we got all our stuff together and put the kids in the car. we left for the hospital around 3ish. Betty my mother in law met us there and took the kids home. So at this point my contractions are still bearable, I'm joking with the nurses, laughing at the mean lady ahead of me getting mad at the nurses cause she was in pain and i guess they were asking too many questions. But i still made it very clear that i want my epidural as soon as i can cause i know whats to come. So the nurse in triage checked me and said i was a good 5 with a bulging bag of water. So yay great news, they are keeping me. They get me in my room and i got a contraction that was like WOW OUCH as the epidural lady walks in.......awe the best ever. She gave me an awesome epidural. almost too good cause i was very very numb. I couldn't feel a thing and slept on and off for the next hour or so. But like always i get to a 6-7 and they slow way down till my water gets broken. so unfortunately it didn't get broke for 2-3 more hours. so i just sat there. finally its time for the Dr to come. he broke my water and 20 min later i was a 10. but now the Dr is gone. so i had to try and hold baby in for 10 min while he got there. it was soooo miserable!!! so he came in i pushed a couple times and baby was facing the wrong way so i had to quit pushing and he turned her the right way and pulled her out. 9:02 she was here. every baby we have is as special as the
first. we feel blessed and were very thankful shes healthy and here. we have been enjoying every minute of her here in our arms.

7 comments:

Skeeter said...

Yeah, go ahead and cross your legs. WHAT!!!! So glad he got there to deliver her. AND you were able to have an Epi!!!! Thank heaven above for drugs. hee hee!!!! YAY!!!!! See you soon!

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

Um you seriously look so good oh my gosh. She is beautiful, good job girly. Cant wait for baby #5 ha ha

Crystal said...

She is beautiful!! Good job Heather! Love her hair and her name!!

Sheri said...

Such a dolly! Can't wait to meet her. Nice work!!!

laurice. said...

awww...she is perfect. I can't wait to meet her in person!

Danielle Kristine Fallbeck said...

Congratulations Heather! You look so good right after having a baby! I love her name as well!! She is beautiful! Good job! :-)

Lyndsay said...

She is adorable! I still need to get her present to you!!!! Cant wait to see her in person.